Last Updated: July 3, 2016
What Personal Information Does Harta.org Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday, Twitter and/or Facebook usernames, use information regarding your use of our Service, and browser information. We automatically receive your location when you use the Service. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Service, improving the content of the Service, customizing the advertising and content you and your friends see, and communicating with you about specials and new features. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community. We will obtain your personal information from other oAuth service provider such as Facebook if you use them to register into Harta.org.
How is My Information Shared?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone, though, as described more fully in this section below (under "Publicly Available Information, the Harta.org API, and Apps"), your publicly-available information is available to third parties, and we may provide it to third parties, by license or otherwise. The default user profile settings for all data about you that is visible to others is summarized in the following (note that some elements are optional or can be edited):
- Your name
- Your profile photo
- Your gender
- Your home city, state, country
- Links to Twitter and Facebook (if they are connected)
- Your Harta.org followers
- Your Harta.org followings
- Your Harta.org photo collections
- Places in your photo collections
- Businesses, Locations, Events and Brands: One of the key purposes of Harta.org is to help users learn about businesses, locations, events and brands (for example, a TV show, a TV personality, newspaper or a consumer good that manages a page on the Service) that are relevant to them, and for these entities to provide information about themselves, their locations and events to users, as well as to reward users when they visit their location or event through offers and specials. When you upload a photo to a particular location that is a ‘claimed location’ your photo information are shared with that location in order for it to better provide services to you. Additionally, brands may have access to aggregated and anonymous data.
- Publicly Available Information, the Harta.org API, and Apps: When you use Harta.org, certain information is public, such as your public user profile information, photo collection, places of your photo, coordinates of your photos, following, followers, and may be searchable by search engines and be shared with or disclosed to third parties, including through our API to a wide range of users and services. We may also share or disclose aggregated and anonymous data, to third parties, including users of our API, for analytical or other purposes.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information.
Determining and Sharing Location
Harta.org deals with location, so in order to work, Harta.org needs to know your location. Whenever you open and use/interact with the Harta.org app on your mobile device or go to Harta.org.com, we use the location information from your mobile device or browser (e.g., latitude and longitude) to tailor the Harta.org experience to your current location (i.e., we’ll show you a list of nearby locations, friends and tips). This information is NOT shared with others. The Harta.org app will, from time to time, tell us about your device’s location so that we can inform you of things of interest near you even if you are not directly interacting with the application.
Your location data is ONLY shared with others when you proactively decide to upload your photo to Harta.org. Each photo upload can be tag with the GPS coordinates and place name. The public will have access to these photos that you have uploaded. You can delete the photos you have uploaded in the detail page or screen of the photo.
Harta.org can also acquire your friends list so that you are able to invite them onto Harta.org. Harta.org will/may request permission from you to acquire these friends contact for the invitation purpose.
Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of Harta.org and others:
- Our Partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses, provide services to you, sell items or provide promotions to you through Harta.org's Service. In other situations, Harta.org provides services, or sells products jointly with these businesses. You can easily recognize when one of these businesses is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that business.
- Business Transfers: If Harta.org or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that Harta.org goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of Harta.org and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of resident; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Harta.org, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of resident) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What About Cookies and Similar Technologies?
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the travel tools offered on our sites.
- Our sites also may use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party Web site, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your Harta.org account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Harta.org endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, Harta.org cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that this site is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of this site or the Service or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
Harta.org allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the Harta.org profile settings page. This list will change as our Service changes.
- Email address
- Other User profile information (for example, home city/state/country, photo)
- Usage information (such as places of the photos)
If you have questions about the Personal Information we have collected from you, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Is Information Removed From My Account?
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media.
What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to: email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.